PFLAG Charlotte Fall 2018 Events
- October 2–PFLAG Town Hall meeting,
- 6:30pm-8:30pm at Time Out Youth (Charlotte Pride’s meeting space)
- PFLAG has been working with a non profit consulting firm, Next Stage Consulting, over the last four months to develop a continued path of growth and success over the next 5-10 years for our Chapter. Josh Jacobson, founder and managing Director of Next Stage, will share with you our plan and vision for strategic board development, fundraising, advocacy efforts, community engagement and how you can be part of PFLAG’s success.
- Q&A will follow the presentation.
- Please don’t miss this opportunity!!!
- October 13–North Carolina Trans Pride 2018
- 9am-5pm at UNC Charlotte Center City
- Join NC Trans Pride in Action as they celebrate 5 years of trans POC-organized, NC trans pride. The conference will consist of workshops lead by trans folks from North and South Carolina.
- Please plan to support queer and trans vendors and organizations during the resource fair, which will run all day.
- October 19–2018 Carolina Conference on Queer Youth
- 8am-4pm at UNCC Student Union
- Focus of this year’s conference is “Supporting Trans and Queer Youth of Color”.
- Youth and students are FREE to attend. Educators, families, and community members are $25 to attend.
- October 20–PFLAG Faith Forum
- 8am-12pm at Caldwell Presbyterian Church
- “Meeting at the Intersection of Faith and LGBTQ Identities”. This year’s forum will feature several PFLAG members sharing their personal stories followed by a Faith panel discussion with clergy and lay persons from various faiths.
- This is a great opportunity for community conversation around faith and LGBTQ identities.
- You will not want to miss this event!!
- October 20– PFLAG Family Get Together!!
- 5pm-7pm at Centennial Lanes Bowling
- Bring the entire family for HALLOWEEN BOWLING! Put on your Halloween Costume and get ready to bowl. We will have two lanes reserved, one for the young kids and one for our teens and adults.
- Pizza, costume contest, photo booth and more will be part of this event! This is a super fun annual event!!!!
- October 26– Time Out Youth GSA family picnic-
- 3pm-7pm at Revolution Park
- PFLAG will be sponsoring Time Out Youth’s first ever GSA family picnic.
- We have reserved a field for a few games of kickball followed by a catered dinner for all of TOY’s families and loved ones. This is a great opportunity to spend time with our LGBTQ youth as well as meet other parents raising LGBTQ kids.
Charlotte Pride Parade
www.charlottepride.org – Annual event held in August
PFLAG Charlotte has hosted the Family Zone for the past few years. This family-friendly zone has included games, crafts, dress up and a place for families to be together and have fun.
Check back here for more information!
Carolina Conference for Queer Youth
Annual conference hosted by Time Out Youth.
Check back here for more information for 2018!