Tuesday, Feb. 4, 2020
6:30 PM – 8:00 PM
Located at: Aria Tuscan Grill | 100 North Tryon Street, Charlotte, NC
Enjoy 21 unique wines; wines will be available for purchase with a mixed case price available for free delivery. After the tasting, stay and enjoy a three course dinner experience for $30 per person.
$25 Suggested Donation
To register, please call 704-548-9463
Mon, Jan. 27, 2020
THIS EVENT IS FULL. CHECK BECK FOR FUTURE DATES!
Located at: Time Out Youth | 3800 Monroe Road, Charlotte, NC
A peer-led workshop facilitated by PFLAG parents with guest speaker Dr. Brian Lurie, Medical Director, Atrium Health Myers Park Pediatrics and Levine Children’s Center for Gender Health
Has a loved one recently come out to you as lesbian, gay, bisexual, or transgender? Is your child questioning their sexual orientation or gender identity? Are you struggling to understand?
Participants will hear personal stories from PFLAG parents, learn LGBTQ nomenclature, understand social and health challenges, and learn about area resources and other tips, tools, and strategies for supporting and advocating for your loved one. We’ll cover topics like finding an affirming healthcare provider to working with your child’s school to growing as an ally. Family support matters. Please join us. You’ll be glad you did.
Schedule a Workshop
Our workshops meet individuals and organizations where they are. These sessions, generally led by PFLAG parents, provide a safe space for participants to hear local stories, become familiar with LGBTQ vocabulary, and learn a wide range of ways to support and affirm LGBTQ individuals.
- Healthcare – Supporting and Affirming Gender Diverse and Transgender Individuals in the Healthcare Setting
- Healthcare – Bridging the Healthcare Gap: Support for LGBTQ Individuals
- Workplace – LGBTQ+ Awareness and Inclusion in the Workplace
- Faith Communities – Being the Ally Your Child Needs
- Faith Communities – Panel: Faith Journeys of Local LGBTQ Families
- Schools – Support for Students who Identify as LGBTQ
- Schools – Panel Discussion with PFLAG Parents: Journeys of Local LGBTQ Families
- Speaker for your Event or Conference