The overall objective of the one hour workshop, “Supporting Gender Diverse and Transgender Youth in the Healthcare Setting” is to improve awareness and care of gender diverse and transgender youth in the healthcare setting. During this workshop, PFLAG leaders will share personal stories, present culturally relevant LGBTQ terminology, identify social and health challenges and barriers to care, discuss strategies and steps to providing affirming care, and share local and national resources.
Benjamin Simmons, III, MD
Brian Lurie, MD
Atrium Health designates this Live Webinar activity for a maximum of 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Schedule a Workshop
Our workshops meet individuals and organizations where they are. These sessions, generally led by PFLAG parents, provide a safe space for participants to hear local stories, become familiar with LGBTQ vocabulary, and learn a wide range of ways to support and affirm LGBTQ individuals.
- Healthcare – Supporting Gender Diverse and Transgender Individuals in the Healthcare Setting
- Healthcare – Supporting LGBTQ Individuals in the Healthcare Setting
- Workplace – Fostering LGBTQ Allyship in the Workplace
- Faith Communities – Experiences in Faith: Our LGBTQ Community
- Faith Communities – Being the Ally Your Child Needs
- Schools – Support for Students who Identify as LGBTQ
- Schools – Panel Discussion: Journeys of Local LGBTQ Families
- Speaker for your Event or Conference