Chapter Coordinator – 8-10 hours/week
Organization : PFLAG Charlotte
Title : Chapter Coordinator
Location : Virtual
Reports To : President
Mission and Vision
The mission of PFLAG Charlotte is to support families, allies, and people who are LGBTQIA+, to educate ourselves and others about the challenges facing LGBTQIA+ individuals, and to advocate in our communities to build a more equitable future for all.
PFLAG Charlotte envisions a world where diversity is celebrated and all people are respected, valued, and affirmed, inclusive of sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression.
Serving the Charlotte area since 1987, PFLAG Charlotte saves LGBTQIA+ lives, strengthens families, and empowers LGBTQIA+ individuals and allies. We are a local chapter of PFLAG National, the first and largest organization for LGBTQIA+ people, their parents, families, and allies.
- Monthly peer support group meetings for parents, caregivers, family members and allies
- Workshops (in English and Spanish) for Parents & Caregivers of LGBTQIA+ individuals
- Private one-to-one and online peer support
- PFLAG publications
We educate. We advocate.
- “Fostering Allyship” webinar for the workplace
- Educational workshops for healthcare providers, schools, and faith communities
- Annual “At the Intersection of Faith and LGBTQIA+ Identities” community event
- “LGBTQIA+ Law and Practice” continuing legal education program through the Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- PFLAG Charlotte blog and online newsletter, The Ally
We are searching for someone to join our PFLAG Charlotte family. Every member of the Board and Chapter plays different (yet equally important) roles in ensuring that we successfully deliver on our mission while having a lot of fun along the way.
The Chapter Coordinator will provide administrative support for the ongoing operations of PFLAG Charlotte. The Chapter Coordinator will report to the Chapter President. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Respond to support requests from chapter email and phone inquiries
- Support In-Person Peer Support Group Meetings (post pandemic)
- Coordinate virtual Zoom peer support group meetings
- Support virtual and in-person Parent Workshops
- Organize and maintain Google Suite (chapter technology platform)
- Maintain Resource Lists
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS
- Design and/or coordinate design of social media announcements for meetings and events
- Maintain distribution lists
- Draft Monthly Meetings & More Updates
DONOR DATABASE MANAGEMENT
- Maintain donor database
- Develop and generate monthly reports
- Send donor acknowledgement letters
- Help coordinate Family Connections events
- Organize PFLAG Charlotte participation in Charlotte Pride Weekend (booth and parade)
- Help coordinate logistics for annual Faith Conference
- Fundraising events
- Represent chapter at community events
- Support Chapter President
- Coordinate Annual Membership Drive
- Maintain Chapter Calendar
- Administrative support for Monthly Board Meetings and Annual Board Retreat
Pay: Approximately $20/hour, commensurate with experience
Minimum Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent experience
- Excellent interpersonal communication and writing skills
- Solid computer experience including the use of Google Suite, Mailchimp, Little Green Light (or similar Customer Relationship Manager System), Zoom, PowerPoint, and Excel, and Canva (or other graphic design software).
- Self Starter – organized, efficient, forward thinking
- Ability to work independently on a variety of tasks
- Knowledge of and experience with chapter-based, grassroots, membership organizations and/or extensive volunteer networks
- Collegial working style
- Basic Quickbooks and WordPress skills helpful
To apply, please submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Monday, December 7th.