Educational Programs for your Organization
PFLAG Charlotte offers educational programs for the workplace, schools, healthcare providers, community organizations, and senior living and faith spaces. Over 5,000 area professionals have attended a Fostering LGBTQ+ Allyship workshop; 1500+ healthcare providers have participated in our Affirming LGBTQ+ People in the Healthcare Setting workshop.
Our sessions meet people and organizations where they are, offering a safe space to learn, ask questions, and grow as an ally to the LGBTQ+ community. Workshops are customized to meet the needs of your organization and are facilitated by PFLAG Charlotte staff and volunteers.
- LGBTQ+ Vocabulary
- Data on LGBTQ+ individuals in your setting (e.g. the workplace, schools, healthcare, faith community, senior living spaces)
- Strategies and tools for fostering organizational and individual allyship and inclusion
- Local and national resources
- Action planning for growing allyship in your organization
- Story sharing or panel discussion with LGBTQ+ community members and allies
- Case studies
Sessions are typically one hour. In person and virtual options available. Workshop fees are tiered based on number of participants.